Baked Apples with Yogurt
By Maria Fernanda López
Reviewed by Rae Brandenburg, RDN
This dessert is easy, naturally sweet and high in fiber! Apples are a signature fall staple, but you can enjoy this recipe any time of year. The apple, combined with oats, provide a good amount of soluble fiber which has been associated with better gut health and cholesterol levels! This recipe only takes about 15 minutes to make. If you are intolerant to dairy or want a vegan version, just swap out the regular yogurt for dairy-free!
Want recipes that are tailored to your goals? Take charge of your health and longevity with Kyla’s Longevity program! Our expert team, including a registered dietitian, provides comprehensive support on your journey to living a long, healthy life. Discover your personalized nutrition and wellness plan tailor-made for you today!
- 1 apple (cut in half and center removed)
- 4 tbsp of oats
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 pack of stevia or monk fruit
- ¼ cup of fat & sugar free yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 355F.
- Slice the apple in half and remove the center, top with vanilla extract, stevia and 2 tablespoons of oats.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Top with leftover oats and yogurt.
- 1 apple
- 1 container of oats
- Vanilla extract
- 1 box of stevia or monk fruit packets
- 1 single serve container of fat & sugar free yogurt