Kyla helps you live longer. First, Kyla collects your medical history, blood sample, and DNA. Then, Kyla AI analyzes your medical data to identify your top health risks, estimate your remaining lifetime, and give you simple, doctor-validated daily goals to increase your life expectancy. Finally, Kyla monitors your progress 24×7, diagnoses, and treats your conditions with the help of doctors.
Join our Kyla.com team of medical providers, product leaders, engineers, and AI scientists to grant people the power to understand their health from a new perspective in order to improve their life expectancy. Our ActionUrgentCare.com medical infrastructure consists of 14 Medical Clinics and a High Complexity Laboratory in California, USA, and has been in business for 10+ years. We’re working with Fortune 500 companies, schools, and individuals by the thousands and are rapidly growing.
Kyla is looking for an experienced Engineering leader to take Kyla experience to the next level. Your focus is to be a strong people leader managing the development team, partnering with business stakeholders to understand business problems, develop and deliver the right technology solutions while maintaining existing technologies for B2C and B2B customers. You will also be responsible for implementing engineering best practices and in evaluating newer technologies that will help us deliver a world-class experience for our customers. Your experience and proven record of delivering AI, ML, and APIaaS will be necessary to be successful in this dynamic, high-impact position.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of managing software engineers.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in partnering with product management and business teams.
Proven leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Experience guiding and mentoring software development engineers.
- Strong design, architecture, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
Solid understanding of the SDLC process, software architecture, DevOps, security.
- The ability to work with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- A great sense of self-awareness, accountability, and the drive to succeed/
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects and distributed teams with tight deadlines
- Instilling and maintaining total commitment to quality and operational excellence in every area you impact.
- Ability to see the big picture while focused on short-term objectives and deliverables.
As a plus:
- Hands on Experience with Java.
- Proven track record delivering AI/ML/APIaaS/SaaS based projects.
- Experience with building web applications.
- Experience with Healthcare, HL7, FHIR, EHRs, LIMS.
What you will do:
- First be a customer advocate. Look at every problem and our solutions in the eyes of our customers, be it internal or external.
- Interact with key business stakeholders, BSAs, Architects, Product Managers, and other IT teams to develop strong working relationships.
- Be a strong people leader, build and manage a team of remote employees and contractors distributed across several countries.
- Collaborate and work closely with your peer engineering managers to deliver projects.
- Lead one or more Agile scrum teams in the successful design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software applications.
- Manage employee performance to meet company and personal development goals.
- Attract, hire, and retain talent; lead team that results in high-impact project deliverables.
- Work with Product Managers to ensure projects meet time and budget constraints while ensuring the specifications are met.
- Keep up to date on industry trends in the technology space.
- Manage technology vendor relationships.